Since the days when humans huddled around the fire to share the spoils of the day’s hunt right up to the present day, the place where food is prepared and shared has been the center of domestic life. The modern kitchen is the beating heart of the home. Part workshop, part refuge, part social club and the place where we contemplate the day ahead and take stock of the day that was. In today’s 24 hour, non-stop digital world we need the solace and rejuvenation offered by the kitchen more than ever. At Milman Design Build in Toronto our designers and craftsmen will work with you to turn your current humdrum kitchen into a domestic oasis for the entire family.
Kitchen Renovations by Milman Design Build: The Gift That Keeps on Giving
There is no doubt that remodeling the kitchen is a major project. At the same time however, there is no doubt that kitchen renovations are the gift that keeps on giving. Here are just some of the reasons you should consider renovating your kitchen this year:
- To make the house your own – Most of the time people buy homes that have had one or more previous owners. While that’s fine it’s also important to put your own stamp on the house. The best way to do that is to renovate the kitchen. Stripping the existing kitchen down to the joists and starting over will allow you to personalize this most important room and transform your house into your home.
- To enhance energy efficiency – If the appliances, lights and insulation in the kitchen are more than 20 years old you’re wasting a lot of energy. Renovating the kitchen typically produces robust energy savings which help recoup the cost of the project long-term and bring the home in line with current energy efficiency standards.
- To increase the value of your home – When potential buyers enter a home they typically make a beeline for the kitchen. If they like what they see they take the time to investigate the rest of the house. If they don’t like the kitchen the tour is usually short. Even if you are not planning to sell your Toronto area home a kitchen renovation will greatly enhance its value and that’s important if you ever need to take out a second mortgage or otherwise borrow against that value.
- To cash in on rebates or tax incentives – These days there are all manner of incentives being offered to homeowners who remodel. Appliance manufacturers are offering generous rebates, the provincial government has a slew of tax incentives in place for those who make their home more energy efficient and low or even no-interest loans are available to finance it all.
- As part of a larger home renovation project – Kitchen renovations often serve as the linchpin of a larger renovation of the entire home. If you want to do something radical with the kitchen remodeling the entire home is usually a smart thing to do. That way the new kitchen can fit seamlessly into the overall design of the house.
- To keep it fresh – Sometimes a homeowner will choose to renovate the kitchen just to mix things up a bit and inject a bit of fresh air into the house. Some folks remodel their kitchen several times during the course of their ownership. It’s a surefire way to keep things interesting.
A kitchen remodel will typically produce an ROI of between 80 and 87 percent according to the latest figures. As such, it is the major renovation project that produces the handsomest returns. The only projects that produce better ROI are front door replacement and adding insulation in the attic.
Talk to the Pros at Milman Design Build
Kitchen renovations are the smart way to enhance the value of a home, increase its livability and give it your personal stamp. And with so many rebates and incentives in play today there’s more reason than ever to do it now. The pros at Milman Design Build have years of combined experience turning the wishes of our clients into the kitchens of their dreams. And we can do the same for you.